Robert D Kql

Verified Reviewer

Can not get a hold of a live person to talk to about a problem

Can not get a hold of someone to talk to on the phone a live person about a decline check through Walmart it's been declined three times the bank won't even cash it because of Walmart

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don't bother with calling certegy because you can't get a life person

Elaine F Mht

| map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Dispute

Certegy Payment Solutions - Dispute

I received an email from Sugar house because I wanted to know why my playplus card was not working, I was informed that there is /was a dispute back in Oct, 2022 which was an error but your company never finished the dispute. I do not owe or have I ever owed any money all my money came from my bank instantly.

Here is the claim #Here are the four outstanding claims from 10/25/2022:

Claim# 2697****, Face Amount $50.00, Balance due $75.00.

Claim# 2697****, Face Amount $70.00, Balance due $95.00.

Claim# 2697****, Face Amount $50.00, Balance due $75.00.

Claim# 2697****, Face Amount $20.00, Balance due $45.00.

I have tried numerous times to call but I'm not able to speak to anyone. Please resolve this matter.

Steven M Rpc

| map-marker Omaha, Nebraska

Check declinded....

My grandaughter could do a better job of qualification of a consumer than Certegy. We have been a loyal customer of Petsmart for over 10 years.

Because of Certegy that relationship is coming to an end.I Purchased $385.00 of pet products this past Thursday at Petsmart. Certegy did their usual professional job of searching out dead beats like me. I'm a bit confused how they search out the dead beats ,apparently like me. We are old and like most of the aged population assumed being diligent to protect our credit was very important.

You see we have a 830 credit score , have no debt , never had a collection ,no returned check and have app. $20,000.00 in the bank that I wrote the questionable check on. When I finally ,after 20 minutes standing in the check out line with 6 other customers waiting to check out, I finally spoke to someone who was very difficult to understand or understand my question. She finally said I must of not satisfied their "profile"...Really???

I'd love to see these idiots profile. Don't use Certegy unless your goal is to offend and eliminate the customer base that I assume you wish to keep.

Cons:
  • Many

Preferred solution: Business's like this to do one of two things. 1.Do your job and stop offending a business's good customers. 2. Find another line of work that you can do correctly.

User's recommendation: Bring cash. I assume Certegy approves that form of payment?

Guest

I bet those 6 other people were jumping for joy when you whipped out the checkbook Gramps.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2494919

Great response. I assume your remark relates to using a check instead of your plastic friend.

“ gramps” did see your smart *** comment. Tell me how you pay your monthly overburdened credit card?

With a check maybe? Remember me when you pay your minimum balance each month and pay 18% interest each month

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2494936

Good comeback Gramps. It’s called a debit card linked to your bank account.

You know, I bet you had one and got all upset.

You opened the mail and thought someone sent you a credit card. You got so flustered you started screaming “Bertha, get in here.” She found you rocking from your left to right leg, arms swinging in circles at your elbows, clutching that card in your hand and mouth agape trying to speak but just croaking noises are coming out.

View more comments (2)
Jason G Dsq

| map-marker Blackwell, Oklahoma

Declined check

I recently received a check for my temporary total disability. I don't have a checking account anymore so I went to my local Walmart to cash it and for some reason your service declined my check without any reason.

Now I don't seem to be able to cash it at all. Everywhere I go it gets declined. I have been out of work for almost a year fighting for worker comp benefits that my previous employer denied me. It's been a very financially rough year for my family and I.

We thought we were fixing to get some relief until this service declined my court ordered payment of temporary total disability. Now we are stuck not being able to pay our bills.

I want something done about this immediately and my name cleared. This better get rectified ASAP.

User's recommendation: Try to cash checks at places that don't use certegy

map-marker Colchester, Vermont

Worthless company

This company is garbage. Least user friendly payment option there has ever been. Call to get answers and they dont answer. You get an automated system that takes forever and doesnt help in the least bit. Never been so frustrated just trying to make a simple payment.

User's recommendation: Avoid them at all cost

Donato Ary
map-marker Indianapolis, Indiana

Need to speak to a live person please

I need to speak to someone need live people to talk to I need my check cash and I don't want a mechanic to talk to want a live person to speak to
Danielle M Hlb

| map-marker Chicago, Illinois

No resolution possible

I have recently had a check authorization fail, and after 3 or so attempts the certegy customer contact info was provided. I called, and had issues getting the system to even work.

Then NOTHING was provided or found in regards to my declined payment. I tried website and no options for requesting the ONCE ANNUAL free report worked (and the length of time it would take and fact it achieves NOTHING to allow me to access my money doesnt help. It is useless). My bank confirms i am in good standing.

All declined bills for october were made good (due to a deposit being held for more then 2 weeks all of octobers bills were declined). My firestone card was missing and ive tried unsuccessfuly to contact a person (without an account number system won't work) and finally succeeded today and learned last payment was received october 10 (how they cleared that and no others is beyond my comprehension). I am all caught up (having paid double of everything plus fees and charges ). Now, in December, I cannot make purchases and i cannot speak to a human and resolve this matter.I have been making purchases thise entire time, until last Friday.

Only today did I learn that firestone was late, and its paid in advance. I have money, and I cannot make a purchase because certegy will not allow it, nor provide explanation or resolution. Ive contacted the store's corporate office with my issues and concerns. Basically, i cannot go anywhere because I have no other payment method available where I am now.

My account is good.

I pay my bills.

I should be able to use MY money. I should be able to speak to a PERSON when there is an issue with needing resolved or looked into.

User's recommendation: Don't take for granted electronic payments will be authorized.

David W Wpd

Ref# 2699****

Updated by user Oct 09, 2023

Matter sent to State Attorney Genera.

Original review Sep 23, 2023
Despite being informed three (3) Times that this was indispute, after being told by you I had to contact GoDaddy to dispute this, you have chosen to send this to FirstSource Advantage for collection. They called on 8/18 and were told it was in dispute, then put me incontact with someone in your office who took down the information.

Both FirstSource and you have been told how difficult GoDaddy makes it to accomplish anything, especially on an account that has not been touched since 2012.

Also I never authorized GoDaddy to take any payment from my bank account. At this point I see that you give me no other option than to turn this over to my Attorney Gerneral's Office.
Cons:
  • Very poor customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Becareful with this organization

Steven M Rpc

They are great if you want to offend your good customers

Ruthbear S

My ticket for November came. Thank you. I will look forward to the event.

View more comments (1)
map-marker Webster, New York

Long past due cashed checks from 3 stores

Very sick and lost everything until recently. Want to take care of my responsibilities and get my once good credit BACK. Sincerely. Patricia A Rivera.
map-marker Greenville, South Carolina

Was unable to get answers to my question.

I tried several times to speak to a representative who could answer why my check cashing request was denied. After calling several different numbers, and being placed in a continual automation loop I was unable to speak with a representative to give me actual answers. The automated response loop was unable to provide a reason for the decline, or able to give a solution to get the matter resolved. As it stands now, I still don't know why my request was denied.
Richard K Zkf

Verified Reviewer

You keep declining my chek

You did absolutely nothing nobody called your about as useful as a broken screwdriver will never recommend you to anyone and furthermore stop emailing me about a review

Preferred solution: Answer

User's recommendation: Don’t use them

Guest

They should be shut down and a massive fine for all the damage they are causing to people's lives

Anna M Whl

| map-marker Tampa, Florida

Shame on any company who uses Certegy services

Certegy Check Services Company Issue/Complaint – May 30, 2018 On December 16, 2017 I wrote a check at Macys Department Store for $15.90. Macys kept the check to collect their payment via the bank but they also put the check through electronically so that my bank account was accessed twice for this payment. When my husband saw the error on our next bank statement he contacted PNC Bank and they agreed it was in error and they refunded us the duplictet payment. Unfortunately, because Macys uses Certegy Check Services company, Certegy viewed this as a returned or bounced check and flagged our bank account as a problem. In February my check was declined at Joann Fabric and in March my check was declined at Michaels Craft store, in April my check was declined at Ross Dress for Less and today my check was declined at Marshalls. Every time I contact Certegy their staff are very polite and always apologize for my inconvenience but then tell me it will take anywhere from 7-30 days for an investigation into the incidence to be completed. On March 16th my husband and I went to the bank and the bank officer contacted Certegy and explained what had happened with the check to Macys in December and assured Certegy that our bank account was in good standing and the check to Macys in December was not a returned check but rather correction of an overpayment. She was told by Certegy that this information would be noted in my file and that she did not need anything else from us or the bank. A week later I got a letter from Certegy stating that they cannot clear my account until they receive a letter from the bank. On April 17th my husband and I again went to the bank and had an officer write a letter from the bank to Certegy explaining what caused the refund to us from Macys. The bank officer faxed the letter to Certegy and the agent from Certegy on the phone told us that she had the fax and would place it into my file to resolve the issue. Two weeks later I received another letter stating that they had not received anything from the bank. On May 27th I wrote a check at Kohls which was declined so I came home, called Certegy and faxed a copy of the bank letter to them for my file. At that time Certegy told me that faxes take 72 hours to get to the file so the employee the month before obviously lied to us when she said she had the fax in hand minutes after it had been faxed to them. Today my check was declined at Marshalls so I again called Certegy only to be told that every time I call about a declined check and an investigation is started it stops any previous investigations that were ongoing. That means that if I continue to have issues with stores accepting my checks then this issue will likely never get resolved. It is criminal that this company is so inept at doing their job correctly and yet all of these stores use their services – despite the fact that the Federal Trade Commission fined them 3.5 million dollars in 2013 for alleged violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act and Furnisher Rule. As a side note – I contacted Macys’ corporate office in Ohio six weeks ago and asked if they could intervene on my behalf to get this situation resolved and they took no blame for starting this whole mess, stating that it is Certegy who has to resolve the issue. Yesterday I filed a complaint against Certegy with the FTC in the hopes that I can get some resolution.
Cons:
  • How long it takes for them to resolve an issue
Reason of review:
Poor customer service

Preferred solution: This company needs to become more accountable for their actions.

Cetergy Check Services - Check Cashing Review

Basically went cashed my check followed there steps to become a member and did that twice because the first time i did they didnt return my check so i called there number and even gave them the terminal id number they told me to repeat the same steps and call back in three minutes so i did and they proceesed to tell me the same thing yet hmmm i never recieved my money nor did the atm return my check back to me either what is there issue.......
Reason of review:
Order processing issue
map-marker Chicago, Illinois

Cetergy check services sucks!!!!

I tried cashing my payroll check at walmart this morning, only to be denied because they said my check was similar to fraudelent checks in their system. This is total ***, I have been cashing the same payroll check at walmart for almost a year now. This company is so screwed up, they are making lives of honest people hard. Someone needs to do something about this company. They are a royal pain in the ***. They need to change their "policy"!!!! Total ***! everyone that works at cetergy and who ever implimented this *** *** "policy" can kiss my ***!!
Guest

I agree I've been out of work for about a year and when I finally received my ttd check at Walmart certegy declined it now I'm still left with bills that need to be paid a wife and 2 daughters to take care of but they don't care. They need to be shut down!!!!

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article